At Truro we are a very friendly club, who besides playing friendly matches against local and touring teams, also compete at a very high level within the Bowls Cornwall Group 4, the Mining Division and County level.
We believe everybody should realise the joy and benefit of playing sport, and there are many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are our top 5 reasons to give bowls a go:
1. Playing bowls is very doable - whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive - to get going, you don't need lots of new kit and, clubs put on taster sessions for free. Even if you get the bug, a set of bowls and joining a club can cost as little as £100
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country - with so many places to play, it'll take no time at all to get a bowls club close to home
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an impact on a game of bowls, so its the perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.
The cost of a years full membership is £75.00 a year for playing members which includes affiliation fees. New members are charged only £35.00 plus £5 registration fee for the first year. This allows you to take part in the bowling and to use all of the club facilities.
We also play Short Mat Bowls during the winter months
We also have a very active social calendar.
Social membership costs only £5 a year.
If you fancy a go before you pay, just get in contact.